IN GOOD COMPANY Workplaces Events
* Free for all members of In Good Company
In Good Company members can choose from 25 events and classes offered each month.
Amy and Adelaide facilitate three programs at In Good Company. Each program takes place in a group setting, providing the added benefit of insights and ideas from other members.
In our four-week GROW It! seminar, members tackle a significant business challenge and discover how to design and implement a new approach. The case-study format allows for objective feedback from other members, always within a supportive environment. The three-week GROW It! Alumni program – think of it as a “booster shot” – allows prior participants to receive input at a new stage in their business’ development.
Every other month, our members are invited to a two-hour, free-form workshop where you can ask Amy, Adelaide and other members for advice on a business-related question. Anything goes!
Limited to 12 people, Goal Groups meet regularly and hold each member accountable for taking action and staying on track.
Our workshop-style classes – more than 25 each month – help members become more skilled in the business of running a business. Experts in their fields, class leaders help participants find focus and direction in order to become better business owners. Here are some topics of recent classes:
Using social media, like Facebook and Twitter, to build your business
Acquiring a small business loan
Writing a book and getting published
Improving your company’s brand
Boosting your public relations campaign
Creating successful podcasts and webinars
Connections are member-led groups of entrepreneurs in similar businesses or with comparable interests. Members can choose from the following Connections, with more to come:
- 1-to-1: for members who do their work on a one-to-one basis with clients
- Creative Professionals: for members in professions such as, photography, graphic design, artists, designers, MUAs and anyone else who feels they fit the bill
- Great Expectations for Baby and Business: for members who are thinking about having a baby and a business and wondering how to juggle it all.
- Looking at 60: for members approaching or past the age of 60
- Product: for members whose companies sell products
- Marketing to Moms: for members with products/services for the mom market
- Mommy CEO: for members navigating life as a parent (of their children AND their business)
- Health & Wellness: for members whose businesses are focused on health
- Social Entrepreneurs: for members whose businesses focus on social change
- Book Club: for members to read and discuss business-related books
- Writing Group: for members looking for support and feedback on their writing projects
- Get Sh*t Done Workgroup: ongoing co-working meeting to tackle those pesky things on your to-do list
In Good Company offers several events throughout the year that provide time for networking and fun!
“New member” gatherings
Monthly lunch meetings
Social events, including two annual cocktail parties
Panel discussions with successful entrepreneurs
Book readings with popular authors; for example, Gretchen Rubin, author of “The Happiness Project”; and Paula Szuchman and Jenny Anderson, authors of “Spousonomics”
In Good Company offers monthly events that showcase members and their businesses. We provide the space, and you provide the content. So not only can you attend events and classes, but you can offer them, too!
“Member Spotlight” workshops are two-hour sessions, led by a member, focusing on an aspect of owning and running a business. Past topics have included company branding, workspace design, and techniques for client follow-up.
The “Dr.” Is In consists of one-on-one consulting offered by a member in 20- or 30-minute blocks. Recent topics have included health and wellness, communication strategies and work/life balance.